IACEE Pulse, December 2022
My dear IACEE Colleagues:
Wherever you are in this world, winter or summer depending on which hemisphere you are in, I hope you and your family are doing well. It is winter here in the U.S., and cold in Pennsylvania. But the thought of wrapping up this year well and welcoming the new year with hopes and dreams makes me feel good.
As the year ends, I want to take this opportunity to say “THANK YOU” to each and every one of you, our members. Even during the coldest and darkest days, your love and dedication to IACEE keeps me happy. I am especially grateful to the Council colleagues for their voluntary service to IACEE, and to the 2022 World Conference organizer, University of Buffalo. Our colleagues there went above and beyond to make this year’s conference memorable and successful.
I also want to thank our Operations and Communications Manager, Camille Howard. Camille has kept IACEE’s operations running even when none of us could contribute to the extent we should have. She is empathetic, productive, and organized, and we are blessed to have her in the team. IACEE will never forget her contributions.
With 2023 just around the corner, let’s talk a little about our upcoming plans. We will continue to work on:
- SERinA, Sustainability Education and Research in Action where we work with the UN Sustainable Development Solution Network, SDSN (read the related paper here),
- Online Workshops organized by Anita Chawla, our Council member. She conducted the inaugural workshop on design thinking in September and we will have more in 2023,
- Webinars featuring the sponsors from our 2022 conference,
- Possibly, a symposium in June 2023 with the Council meeting,
- Planning for 2024 World Conference,
- Lifetime learning in STEM and other long-term projects,
- Operational projects such as website, workflow, etc.
The IACEE Headquarters will be closed for the winter holidays 24 December 2022 - 2 January 2023. We will be in touch again in 2023, until then…warm regards and season’s greetings.
Soma Chakrabarti, Ph.D.